My hair is very oily and washing it regularly doesn’t help, how can I improve it?
1. Oily hair affects the beauty of your hair, and it may be difficult to improve if you only deal with it by feeling and don’t prescribe the right medicine.
2. You may think that scalp oiling is a normal physiological phenomenon, but I would like to remind you that it is best to rule out diseases first.
If there is a lot of oil, accompanied by a lot of dandruff, then it could be seborrheic dermatitis, which is a skin disease that needs to be treated in a hospital.
3. How to simply determine if it is seborrheic dermatitis? I suggest you look at your scalp:
If the skin is not the normal skin color, it is red, and there is a lot of light yellow greasy dander on it, the whole is not smooth, and there is usually slight itching, then it may be seborrheic dermatitis.
4. If you also have a lot of oil and acne on the front chest and back, then the probability of seborrheic dermatitis is relatively high. Don’t use drugs indiscriminately. It is recommended to go to the hospital for further examination. If diagnosed, listen to the doctor’s medication for treatment.
5. If your dandruff is abnormally high and the single area is relatively large, and at the same time there are scattered rashes on the trunk and limbs, then you should be alert to the occurrence of psoriasis, and you also need to go to the hospital for a doctor’s judgment.
6. If you are diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis, I recommend that you give priority to a shampoo containing the following antibacterial ingredients: salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc pyrithione (ZPT), piroctone ethanolamine salt (OCT), etc.
These ingredients can prevent the growth of bacteria due to excess oil and cause scalp inflammation. They are usually marked prominently on the product packaging and are easy to distinguish.
7. Some people also think that “the shampoo should be selected without silicone oil, silicone oil will increase the oil”, but this is also inaccurate.
Silicone oil is not strictly a grease, but polydimethylsiloxane and its analogs, a softening agent that makes shampoo feel better and hair smoother, and there is no medical evidence to prove that it will aggravate oil and dandruff.
8. Whether you have dermatitis or not, you can use the following methods to reduce oily scalp. The first is to wash your hair at most once a day.
The stratum corneum, the outermost layer of the scalp, is a barrier, which can resist external stimuli. If it is destroyed by cleaning too much, it may not only aggravate dermatitis but may also make the original scalp without inflammation a problem.
9. It is especially important to note that when shampooing, do not scratch the scalp with your fingernails, which is very damaging to the scalp-skin barrier. It is enough to rub and press with the belly of your fingers.
That is, foods that cause a rapid rise in blood sugar, GI is the glycemic index, because blood sugar levels also affect how much oil is produced on the skin.
11. Therefore, it is best not to eat sugar-sweetened beverages and desserts, and eat less refined carbohydrates such as white rice and noodles. These are high GI foods. It is recommended to replace some refined carbohydrates with brown rice and coarse grains with a low GI value.
12. If you have a fitness habit, then pay attention to fitness supplements and be sure to choose ones that do not contain pro-androgenic ingredients in their composition.
Some products will add pro-androgenic ingredients to make people build big muscles quickly, which will aggravate the sebaceous glands to produce oil if the androgen level is raised.
13. Another thing to note is that do not stay up late. Staying up late can lead to adrenocorticotropic hormone secretion, which in turn promotes increased skin oil production.
14. Many people feel that “people with more oil are more prone to hair loss”, but, from the existing medical research, there is no clear positive correlation between hair loss and oil, more oil does not necessarily mean that you will lose hair, you should not worry too much.