How to make a habit of waking up early in the morning?
1. The important thing is not getting up, but what you are going to do when you get up. Choose one thing you like the most, but don’t usually have time to do, and put it on the list of things to do after you get up early. Note that this thing must be able to be done within 30 minutes. If you start playing with your phone as soon as you open your eyes, you will be tied to the bed, not to mention 30 minutes, 2 hours have passed without realizing it. But if you like running, usually do not have time to run, or you want to eat a good breakfast, usually too late to do, then this thing you crave, you can drive you to get up early.
2. If you don’t want to get up when you wake up, count down to 5 in your mind: “5, 4, 3, 2, 1, get up! This is the method mentioned by Mel Robbins in “The 5 Second Rule“. She found that “need” and “action” are not connected because there is a “feeling” in the middle that interferes. For example, when the alarm clock rings, our need is to get up, and our action is to get up, but our feeling is “the bed is so comfortable, let’s sleep a little longer!” So the key trick is to block out this “feeling”, we count backward from 5 to 1 in our mind, that is, to block out our “feeling” temporarily, so that our needs and actions are directly related, and then we can “take back “control over ourselves.
3. Drink a glass of water first after waking up in the morning, you will find that the whole person is not sleepy. When you sleep at night, the body does not have water in for a long time, but there is water out. If you wake up in the morning and drink a glass of water first, it can ease blood concentration, promote blood circulation, and increase oxygen content, which can quickly restore the brain to an awake state.
4. You can start an early morning activity online, start a group, and everyone will get up early to punch in together, and use responsibility to force yourself to get up, but pay attention to recruiting people who want to get up early with you, not those who want to support you in getting up early.
5. As mentioned above, if you occasionally want to get up early but can’t get up, if you plan to systematically develop the habit of getting up early, start by getting up 1 minute earlier than yesterday. For example, if you plan to get up at 6 o’clock, and you are starting at 7 o’clock now, then your alarm clock will be set to 6:59 tomorrow, 6:58 the day after tomorrow, and 6:57 the day after tomorrow, until it finally stabilizes at 6 a.m. This is the most painless way to develop the habit of getting up early.
6. When cultivating the habit of getting up early, you do not require yourself to get up early every day and allow the opportunity to oversleep, generally no more than 3 times a month.